A General Instruction of Starburn Search Malware Infection
Starburn Search Malware is a dangerous malware program that can revise the home page setting of the infected computer and make it vulnerable to other threat threats such as Trojan virus or malwares. Acts rather similar to other browser hijacker malware just like the Searchnu Virus, this malware replace the default home page setting with its own search engine which can redirect you to trap search results like spam ad pages or scam pages that with malicious codes in them. When you use this fake search engine you will probably notice the title Starburn Search on the top of the page and below there are full of the unwanted results that may lead you to annoying advertisements and malicious pages that designed by scammers on illegal purpose.
How Can Starburn Search Browser Hijacker Influence Your Computer
If you can’t get rid of Starburn Search Malware from your computer in time, what will happen? Once this nasty virus breaks into your system, it will move on to take actions inside your computer. As long as Starburn Search Malware is there, your web browser will try to stop you from getting the information you need from any search engine but only turn to the Starburn Search page. Meanwhile the virus also automatically records your habits from online movements and other private information with the purpose of selling them to the companies who may need them. What’s worse, some extreme dangerous Trojan viruses may be introduced to your computer by this browser hijacker and they tend to steal your confidential data and then send it to the remote hackers who will use it for illegal economic benefit so you’d better kick this malware from your computer as soon as possible otherwise it may cause big loss to you.
Usual Symptoms of Starburn Search Virus Infection
1) When you open your web browser you will probably notice the title Starburn Search on the top of the page.
2) The setting of default homepage of your browser has been suddenly changed to search.starburnsoftware.com without your permission. Other spam sites may show up there as well.
3) Starburn search malware will introduce other threats into your computer from Internet and so takes up the consumption of your system resource significantly and you will feel like your computer is running like a snail on the ground.
4) The malware keeps redirecting your search results to those scam pages you don’t’ want at all and it also warms that you are browsing unsafe contents so you need to install the security program from its site which is totally a fake program.
5) The browser hijacker can infect and revise the critical keys inside registry which can make your computer completely vulnerable and very easy to be attacked by remote hackers.
6) You will get continuous pop-ups of ad pages or other spam window or alert message within your system and from your browser and some of them can’t even be closed.
7) The virus can disable all the antivirus and antispyware programs installed on your computer and stop them from starting and updating as well.
If you need any help, Live Chat with YooSecurity Expert Now , or you can follow our step-by-step virus removal instruction below to clean the virus yourself. (For advanced computer users)
A Screenshot of Search.starburnsoftware.com
Best Way to Remove Starburn Search Virus Step by Step:
Firstly, please restart your computer and get in Safe Mode with Networking:
Please follow these steps to get rid of Starburn Search Malware manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in task-mgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe related to Starburn Search Malware. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step3: Remove malicious files of Starburn Search Malware.
Step4: Delete malicious registry entries of Starburn Search Malware.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0x1)
Video Show You on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
In conclusion, it’s necessary for you to know how to delete Starburn Search Malware because this will save your computer from being controlled by this rogue. As long as it’s in your computer, you will never get your homepage back to normal and you will not get the search results that you need as well. If you’re so annoyed with the unwanted pop-ups and add-ons of alert messages or fake scam, please take action to remove it right now. We have prepared a useful guide as described above, you can try to follow the steps carefully to delete the files related to this browser hijacker, which really need expert skills and computer knowledge. If unfortunately that you fail to have it done and you don’t know how to kill Starburn Search Malware in other ways, you’re welcome to contact YooCare online technical support, which could help you fix the issue completely and safely.
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on June 6, 2013 6:42 am