General Description of Searchregard.com Browser Hijacker Infection
Searchregard.com Redirect is classified as a browser hijacker infection, which is programmed to hijack popular web browsers such as IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome by revising the key settings in the host file of Microsoft windows system. If your browser has been hijacked by the nasty virus, then every time when you click on any link from Google, Yahoo or Bing search results, the page will be automatically redirected to Searchregard.com or FBI cybercrime division virus warning page against your will. You can also be redirected to other sites that related to Searchregard.com or U.S. Department of Homeland Security Virus site and most of them turn out to be advertising pages or scam pages that setting up a trap for you to jump in then rip you off. Besides, the hijacker virus tends to corrupt the critical system files and then consequently your computer will be like freezing over when you try to run the applications on it. Antivirus programs have also been treated if you try to use them for full scanning because the tricky virus just pretends itself as normal file in the windows folder. Up to now, there is no antivirus can remove this virus completely, manual removal is required. Read on to learn how to get rid of Searchregard.com Redirect manually.
Common Signs of Searchregard.com Hijacker Infection
1) Unusual issues occur with problems connecting to Internet
2) The default homepage of your browser has been secretly changed to suspicious sites without your permission.
3) The rogue keeps redirecting your search results to those scam pages against your will and it also alerts that you are browsing unsafe contents so you need to install the security program from its site which is totally a fake program.
4) You search results are frequently being redirected to the page of Searchregard.com Redirect or anything related to it when surfing Internet.
5) The redirect virus tends to disable all the antivirus and anti-spyware programs installed on your computer and stop them from running and scanning as well.
6) The browser hijacker can corrupt system files and modify the critical keys inside registry which can make your computer completely vulnerable and very easy to be attacked by remote hackers.
7) There are annoying pop-ups of spam ad pages or other scam web sites coming up from your browser, some of them can’t even be closed.
If there’s any difficulty for you to remove Searchregard.com Redirect from your computer, please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free, or you can follow our step-by-step virus removal instruction below to clean the virus yourself. (For advanced computer users)
Best Way to Remove Searchregard.com Hijacker Step by Step:
Firstly, please go to the folder option to show hidden files, here’s the guide:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
2) Click on Appearance and Personalization item
3) Click on Folder Options item
4) Click on View tab in the Folder Options window
5) Check the box of Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
Next, please follow these steps to get rid of Searchregard.com Redirect manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in task-mgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe related to Searchregard.com Redirect. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step3: Remove malicious files of Searchregard.com Redirect.
Step4: Delete malicious registry entries of Searchregard.com Redirect.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0x1)
Video Show You on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
In conclusion, Searchregard.com Redirect is a huge potential security and privacy risk that can severely slow down the performance of your computer. The redirect virus pretends to be a legitimate site helping people to search information but it’s actually a malicious browser hijacker virus which can change the Internet settings of your default home page and other important settings as well. The virus keeps popping up of sites related to Searchregard.com when you try to open the websites you want. Meanwhile, the redirect thing can change the registry keys of your system files, which can cause irrevocable damages to your computer. What’s worse, the pesky virus usually loads itself into the system memory and therefore can’t be removed by regular antivirus programs. Thus, to protect your computer and secure your personal info, it’s necessary taking action to remove Searchregard.com Redirect thing completely form your computer.
Kindly reminder: Manual removal needs expert skills, if you failed to remove Searchregard.com Redirect by yourself,please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free.
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on May 27, 2013 7:33 am