General Description of Great-values.com Hijacker Infection
Great-values.com Redirect is a site designed and supported by cyber criminals who aims at hijacking user’s browser in purpose of collecting money illegally. The redirect virus disguises itself as a regular and legitimate add-on or plugin so that it can be installed in your computer successfully. The malicious program usually attacks popular browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, which have the largest group of users all over the world. Hijackers created the tricky virus and then cast it on the Internet so that the virus spreads fast by utilizing the leaks of personal computer. The virus may come along with your visit on pornographic contents such as images and videos from unsafe pages, once it gets in, it takes actions to affect your computer immediately. It will redirect every page you open to Great-values.com or anything related to it. It can also drive you crazy because the virus is smart enough to download many dangerous threats automatically as long as your computer is hooked up to Internet. Thus, to safe your computer, it’s good for you to learn how to delete Great-values.com Redirect Virus completely and safely.
A Screen Shot of Great-values.com Redirect Infection
Common Signs of Great-values.com Redirect
1) The default homepage of your browser has been secretly changed to suspicious sites without your permission.
2) The redirect virus tends to disable all the antivirus and anti-spyware programs installed on your computer and stop them from running and scanning as well.
3) The browser hijacker can corrupt system files and modify the critical keys inside registry which can make your computer completely vulnerable and very easy to be attacked by remote hackers.
4) Unusual issues occur with problems connecting to Internet.
5) The rogue keeps redirecting your search results to those scam pages against your will and it also alerts that you are browsing unsafe contents so you need to install the security program from its site which is completely a fake program.
6) There are annoying pop-ups of spam ad pages or other scam web sites coming up from your browser, some of them can’t even be closed.
7) You search results are frequently being redirected to the page of Great-values.com or anything related to it when surfing Internet.
If there’s any difficulty for you to remove Great-values.com Redirect Virus from your computer, please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free, or you can follow our step-by-step virus removal instruction below to clean the virus yourself. (For advanced computer users)
Best Way to Remove Great-values.com Hijacker Step by Step:
Firstly, please go to the folder option to show hidden files, here’s the guide:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
2) Click on Appearance and Personalization item
3) Click on Folder Options item
4) Click on View tab in the Folder Options window
5) Check the box of Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
Next, please follow these steps to get rid of Great-values.com Hijacker manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in task-mgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe related to Great-values.com Hijacker Virus. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step3: Remove malicious files of Great-values.com Hijacker Virus.
Step4: Delete malicious registry entries of Great-values.com Redirect.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0x1)
Video Show You on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
In conclusion, Great-values.com Hijacker Virus is a huge threat that can hurt your computer so bad. Disguising as a regular plugin helps it damage user’s browser worse. Millions of victims catch the infection without any awareness of its coming. It maybe surprising to you because most of time it was installed together with other free add-ons or freeware that you have downloaded from the Internet, therefore you need to be much more cautious when you decide to download those so called freeware or shareware from Internet. Since the redirect virus has the ability to damage and even destroy your system, you need to kick it off as soon as possible. Unfortunately most of the antivirus seems just can’t remove such a tricky virus because even they catch it and report it gone, it will still show up every time right after you restart the computer. In order to make your computer clean and safe, manual removal is proven to be the most effective solution.
Kindly reminder: Manual removal needs expert skills, if you failed to remove Great-values.com Redirect by yourself,please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free.
Published by Michael Myn & last updated on June 3, 2013 4:53 am