How to Access SharePoint in China in 2020? (100% Working)
Is Sharepoint Blocked in China? I am looking at SharePoint replication with a particular use case for one of my clients where the original SharePoint environment was set up by us in the UK. The client now has a factory in China where staff located there would like access to SharePoint data held in the UK. However due to the Chinese states’ policy of restricting content and connection – commonly known as The Great Firewall – it is frustrating for staff located there to use the UK provision. If there is anyone that can share their experiences from the SharePoint user community – positive or otherwise – it will be greatly appreciated.
Why You Can’t Use SharePoint in China As Well?
SharePoint Server is provided to organizations that seek greater control over SharePoint’s behavior or design. This product is installed on the customer’s IT infrastructure. It receives less frequent updates, but has access to a wider set of features and customization capabilities. SharePoint offers enhanced security, easy management, and access from almost anywhere. You can make decisions faster and staying in contact are critical for making any organization more effective. Your ability to access information on the go is now a workplace necessity
China has the most Internet users in the world today. And there are lots of the Internet restrictions in this country. Among blocked sites are such popular sites as Google services (including Gmail, Google maps, Google docs and others) YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, SharePoint and tones of others popular resources. So if you are going to China, you need to care about your Internet freedom in advance.
The Chinese censorship authorities will block any site which they deem to contain material detrimental (even tangentially) to the Chinese Communist Party. The way they do this is by blocking at the IP address level. A crude tool indeed. Most websites in the world are hosted on Shared Hosting Accounts so if an IP address gets red flagged it could potentially impact hundreds of other sites hosted on the same server, using the same IP address. To create an analogy, it’s a bit like living in a shared house and one of the members is caught for being involved in illicit activities. To access SharePoint in China, you can setup vpn connection on your device using systems features. This is much more secure than using any additional application.
SharePoint can easily be accessed by using a VPN or Virtual Private Network.We shall proceed to know how easy it is to be done.
What essentially is a VPN?
The network of VPN lets its user browse a website or use an app through a private network, which is done by creating an almost untraceable proxy IP address not belonging to the country of the user or the device used. The IP can be from anywhere around the world, the person residing in China may find the IP to be from the UK, which in turn will let them access the desired website. VPN are not considered illegal in most countries and anyone can go ahead and start using a VPN service. The act of surfing through another IP is legal, and is something even the biggest companies in the world do all the time. VPNs help enable users working at home, on the road, or at a branch office to connect in a secure fashion to a remote corporate server using the Internet. From the users perspective, the VPN is a point-to-point connection between the user’s computer and a corporate server. The nature of the intermediate network, the Internet, is irrelevant to the user because it appears as if the data is being sent over a dedicated private link. When used for legal purposes, VPNs are not considered illegal in most countries and anyone can go ahead and start using a VPN service. The act of surfing through another IP is legal, and is something even the biggest companies in the world do all the time. If you however hide behind a VPN service to perform illegal activities, then you’re of course violating the law.
Suggestion: If you don’t know how to access the Wall Street Journal China, you’re welcome to contact our Yoosecurity online technical team by clicking Start Live button bellow:
The List of Paid VPN Services：
• Express VPN – They are a fast and reliable VPN provider. They provide full support to help you set it up at a nominal cost. You also get a 30 days money back guarantee.
• Vypr VPN – A highly rated extra secured VPN which encrypts your data to let it bypass firewalls and has a firewall called NAT firewall of its own to give you that extra edge you need. You can choose from 70+ locations
• Nord VPN – A new VPN service provider with a great balance between streaming and privacy and have the option to let you choose your desired location from 60+ countries.
• IP Vanish – The best feature they offer is that they have their own servers and they do not take the help of any 3rd party servers. Ideal for privacy and gives you the liberty to choose from 50+ locations.
Free VPN Services Allowed in China
• Opera Browser – The only desktop browser in the world which has an embedded VPN service and can be turned on or off when you wish. You get the option to choose your location, and the browser is unnaturally fast along with the VPN service they offer.
• Orbot – This is a mobile application which you need to install on your cell phone. Once started and ready, you can change your location at the touch of your finger. A very pleasant user interface and fast as well. You can actually force all your applications to use Orbot while they use the internet. So total privacy is an absolute guarantee. The desktop counterpart for Orbot is TOR. It uses military-grade encryption to give you some much-needed privacy.
• Hola VPN – When it’s for the mobile platform, Hola is what you may choose. Most used mobile VPN which gives full functionality despite being free; sometimes it will make you wonder why it isn’t available for desktops.
• Hotspot Shield– It’s a fairly popular VPN service. Free Version has limited functionality but still worth a shot. You will have limited option in choosing your location, optimized for desktops, laptops as well as mobile devices.
Guides to Access SharePoint in China on PC
Step 1. Get a VPN service. You can find an independent provider, buy a paid vpn service and install the app and run it directly. There are free services that tend to be supported by putting ads in your browser, and paid services that are ad-free. PC magazine has a good review of free VPN services, and Reviews.com did a good overview of all services (including very affordable paid ones)
Step 2. Click the Start button. In the search bar, type VPN and then select Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
Step 3. Put in your username and password, or leave it blank. You’ll be prompted for it again on the actual connection. Click Connect.
Step 4: Click on the Windows network logo on the lower-right part of your screen; then select Connect under VPN Connection. In the Connect VPN Connection box, enter the appropriate domain and your log-in credentials, and then click Connect.
Video Guide Shows You How to Access SharePoint in China
Top 10 + Best VPN Services Worldwide
|VPN Provider||Ratings||Jurisdiction||# of Connections||Price(USD)||WebSite|
|ExpressVPN Review||British Virgin Islands||5||$6.67/Month
|IPVanish VPN Review||USA||10||$6.49/Month
View More Top 10 Best VPN Services Here »
There you have it, a guide to help you access SharePoint when you are in China. Just subscribe to any of the paid services or use one of the free ones and you are ready. Using a VPN is very easy. You just need to remember to set it up before you enter China, as the Chinese Government is well aware of such services and do their part in trying to stop people from using them. ExpressVPN is recommended with high ratings that still works in China.
Warm prompt: If you don’t know which VPN service is the best for you or how to set up VPN on Mac, Windows computer, android smartphone, tablet, or iPhone & iPad device, you’re recommended to live chat with Our Online Expert for instant help! We will take care everything for you!
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on January 17, 2020 9:09 am
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.