What damage does Blekko.com browser hijacker do to a computer? I am really frustrated i tried everything. whenever i open internet explorer, i get this message on my browser. Download the blekko search plugin for Firefox. How to remove blekko hidden files?
What is Blekko.com? How to get rid of blekko virus from my computer?
Blekko.com (Blekko Redirect Virus) is a nasty browser hijacker which redirects you to the Ads. Its name will give you first impression that it’s a webpage. Indeed! It is a webpage embedded with many viruses, malware or Rootkit infection. Very similar to EasyA-Z.com, Isearch.babylon.com, it’s nothing different from those famous search sites with a virtuous interface. When you get infected by this browser hijacker, then your IE settings has been changed. Blekko.com is a false site. Although it acts as it is legit, but all it shows you is nonexistent. On its website, it claims blekko the spam free search engine. And on the right bottom corner, there is a human icon pops up every time to open the Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Blekko.com is a dangerous website that is related to some unsafe websites and browser hijackers. It redirects PC users’ search results without their permission and makes lives be full of disturbances. Whenever users search on Google, Firefox or Bing, their search results may turn to Blekko.com. After computer gets infected with Blekko.com browser hijacker, it will change homepage on the browser. Every time user searches on safe websites, it will pop up lots of annoying advertisement and spam information, which may bring false information to user and cheat him into purchasing false products or providing his personal financial data. The appearance of Blekko.com virus looks like a safe and legal page, in fact, it contains numerous Trojan, Rootkit and other malicious virus. Blekko redirect virus comes bundled with lots of spyware and adware that install themselves into user’s system deeply and hard to uninstall. Blekko virus always keeps the tail of users’ search results then sends data to remote hackers, and then hackers will try to steal personal information such as passwords, credit card, bank account data etc. What’s worse, after Blekko.com virus installs itself into victim’s computer, it may prevent antivirus from working. Blekko.com virus will definitely change your registry settings and other important windows system files, which would cause users’ computer crash if victim could not remove the virus immediately.
Please remember: If you feel it’s too troublesome to remove Blekko.com Browser Hijacker, please feel free to get YooSecurity online PC service here:
Screenshot of Blekko.com Redirect Virus
Key Sentences to Judge If your PC Has Been Infected with Blekko.com Browser Hijacker
- Your Internet Options has been reset and the homepage has been changed to Blekko.com or some other dangerous sites.
- You are always redirected to some odd websites which are full of unknown virus or malware
- Stop you resetting your Browser to the primary configuration you set before.
- Bring in many pop-up advertisement, fake information or phishing websites.
- Self-assertively add some site links in your Favorite or search engine keywords.
- I am frustrated with the “Blekko.com” problem. HELP!!!!!
Hands on Teaching You to Delete Blekko.com Browser Hijacker
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to stop all processes of Blekko.com Browser Hijacker in the Windows Task Manager.
- Let’s open the Registry Editor, search and remove related registry entries of Blekko redirect virus
- All associated files of Blekko.com Browser Hijacker should be removed.
- Search for file like %PROGRAM_FILES%\random things\ and delete it manually.
- Search for file like c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\random things\ and delete it manually
Video Tutorial On How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
Note: Don’t have enough confidence to remove the Blekko Redirect Virus? Please contact with computer experts Online for help to safely and completely remove it.
Published by Matt Johnston & last updated on November 14, 2012 7:12 am