I do believe most of people’s homepage is Google search bar. One day when you open internet browser and find your homepage is not Google.com anymore and the search bar logo is changed to “Mystart”, what do you think? Do you think it’s roguish because you even didn’t change any setting of your internet options. How does this stuff come? Here will give you more answer:
Definition of www2 mystart.com
www2.mystart.com, a name of a webpage but not the name of the virus itself. We call it www2.mystart.com virus because when your computer gets a browser hijack virus, whenever you open your internet browser, you will get www2.mystart.com. This site is just the same as Google.com. Its a single search bar on the center of the page with much similar logo to Google: Mystart. Even the appearance is almost the same as Google. It’s nothing different from those famous search sites with a virtuous interface. And it effects the Internet Explorer or Firefox. This virus covertly runs a background program to hijack users’ web browsers such as Safari, IE, Firefox, Chrome, modify the DNS and redirect search results of Google, Yahoo and Bing to a multiple undesirable websites. You antivirus may not detected any virus but you can’t use your internet browser as usual anymore. If you use this search bar to search something, every time when you want to search something, the results are much different from Google’s even if you search the same key words. It seems the malicious search bar always show some unknown links, some of which are well designed. These search results are eagerly promoted to you. In a word, after your computer gets infected such browser hijack virus you will be always forced to accept something. And more and more other system problems will come to you. The most obvious feature is that you may find it takes more time to open a normal website. If you think setting your internet options to original will help you get rid of this browser hijacker, you are all wet. This virus is so stubborn that no antivirus can remove it. The only best way is to remove it manually with expertise.
Please remember: If you feel it’s too troublesome to remove www2.mystart.com virus, please feel free to get YooSecurity online PC service here:
Screenshot of www2 mystart.com Redirect Virus
Key Sentences to Judge If your PC Has Been Infected with Malicious Browser Hijacker
- Your Internet Options has been reset and the homepage has been changed to its site or some other dangerous sites.
- You are always redirected to some odd websites which are full of unknown virus or malware
- Stop you resetting your Browser to the primary configuration you set before.
- Bring in many pop-up advertisements, fake information or phishing websites.
- Self-assertively add some site links in your Favorite or search engine keywords.
Hands on Teaching You to Delete www2.mystart.com Google Redirect Virus
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys simultaneously to stop all processes of the www2.mystart.com Browser Hijacker in the Windows Task Manager.
- Let’s open the Registry Editor, search and remove related registry entries of www2.mystart.com redirect virus
- All associated files of www2.mystart.com Browser Hijacker should be removed.
- Search for file like %PROGRAM_FILES%\random things\ and delete it manually.
- Search for file like c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\random things\ and delete it manually
Video Tutorial On How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
Published by Leo R. Oscar on June 13, 2012