How does Win64/sirefef.y Trojan work to infect your PC?
Win64/sirefef.y Trojan is a deceitful Trojan that installs rootkits and all kinds of malicious programs and fake defraggers. Microsoft security essentials identified it as Trojan:win64/sirefef.y, it just would not let you run any programs to try to fix it. Not it has gone to rebooting a minute after windows starts. You can only use another computer or iPhone to search for solutions as your computer has the Trojan that shuts it down within 2 minutes of start up. This backdoor may then be used by remote attackers to upload and install further malicious or potentially unwanted software on the system. This threat is detected by the Microsoft antivirus engine. Technical details are not currently available. Win64/sirefef.y Trojan is a malicious Trojan horse that is designed by cyber criminals to attack your PC and activate many malicious activities on purpose. Once infected with the sirefef virus, your computer reboots before being able to run anything. You have tried safe mode, regular mode, regular mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, System Recovery then command prompt, nothing help. The nasty Trojan infection can install itself automatically and invade your PC aggressively, which brings you great pain. In fact, it attacks your computer with many bundled malware and drops numerous codes in your computer such as spyware and adware parasites and so on. All bundled malware and these malicious dropping codes can hide in your system, processes, program files, dll files and folders to damage your PC system seriously. In such cases, it is very difficult for antivirus tools to detect all infected items and eliminate them from your PC completely. As the Trojan can also attack your antivirus program and prevent it from taking effective.
Generally, Win64/sirefef.y Trojan endangers your Internet environment and slows down your PC system performance greatly. It not only redirects your web searches, but also traces your Internet browser activities to steal your valuable information such as online banking account and password. Moreover, the hazardous Trojan horse can modify your system settings, registry settings and critical files to record your precious information as much as possible to gather your money and perform illegal activities. If you keep the stubborn Trojan threat in your PC too long, you’ll suffer from PC system crash permanently. Indeed, you’d better remove the hostile Trojan horse from your computer completely before any further unpredictable damage occurs to your computer. Since anti-virus software won’t be able to help, you can manually get rid of Win64/sirefef.y Trojan with the guide here.
Note: To save your computer, Live Chat with YooSecurity Expert Now, or you can follow the manual removal guide below to get your problem fixed. (For advanced computer users)
Some Symptoms of Win64/sirefef.y Trojan Infection:
1. This virus relocates your internet connection and informs you browsing activity is unsafely.
2. Desktop background image and Browser homepage settings are changed, the same as almost all Trojan infections.
3. This virus slows down your computer speed considerably. This includes opening program, shutting down your computer, and slowing down Internet.
4. This virus pops up annoying advertisements while you surfing the internet.
5. This virus will shut down your anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. This virus will also infect and corrupt your registry, making your computer totally bareness.
6. This virus will disable the proper running of many different programs, including such harmless ones as Notepad. This may include actual anti-malware software that you need to maintain system security.
7. This virus may reveal your personal information, which can lead to personal and property in unsafe condition.
Best Way to Remove Trojan:Win64/sirefef.y manually – Manual Removal Step by Step?
Please follow these steps to get rid of the Win64/sirefef.y Trojan manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in taskmgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step 3: Delete malicious registry entries.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
Step 4?Remove malicious files of Win64/sirefef.y Trojan
Video of Key Steps on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
Based on various situations and computer skills, you can choose the following solutions fit for you.
1. Follow the steps we provide to manually remove the virus.
2. If you failed to remove Win64/sirefef.y Trojan with the method above, please consult YooSecurity certified professionals to remove it completely. Live chat with professionals now
Published by Matt Johnston & last updated on November 11, 2012 10:51 am