What are the benefits of a Good VPN? I am an employee to work for a trading company, I need to travel to different cities and countries frequently. But not like in my country when i am abroad i can’t access google or yahoo and many other websites. That is why i need a good tool help me with the problem. VPN is an essential tool in my company, there are many different VPN products in the market, but I want to know the benefits of a good VPN before i choose one. Should I only need to select the VPN according to the prices? Do you have detailed instructions?
What Are The Benefits of a Good VPN And Why People Use VPN?
Are you sick of your ISP throttling your connection, you want to secure your browsing sessions while on the road, or you just want to download whatever the heck you want without the man on your back, there’s no substitution for a securely deployed Virtual Private Network. If you say “Yes”, I think now you’re armed with the knowledge necessary to pick a good VPN. Before you choose, the following article can let you know more about What are The Benefits of a Good VPN:
1. Saving Cost
This is one of the most important advantages of VPN, and it is the key to win the traditional private wire network. According to industry survey, the companies with the VPN compared the companies with the traditional remote access private wire network, Modem pool and dial-up line companies can save 30% to 70% of the cost. There are four areas can save the cost：
• Save Mobile communication costs. This is mainly for need mobile office staff. In the field of mobile user for business trip – they just need access to the local ISP to connect with the company’s internal network. This method can reduce the long distance communication expense. Enterprises can see good results from their mobile office users of telephone cost.
• Save Private wire network costs. VPN cost is cheaper than Private wire network cost about 50%, but both of them did not make too much difference in terms of performance, manageability and controllability. Enterprises can also further save cost by adding voice or multimedia flow to the Virtual leased line (VLL). Now, VPN technology can support the broadband technology, this is a big advantage to save the cost.
• Save equipment investment. VPN allows a single WAN interface used for a variety of purposes, and then through the Extranet from branches to connect to the partners. As a result, the flow of different devices can uniformly flows through the same equipment. Therefore, companies don’t need a lot of WAN interface, and also don’t have to upgrade hardware frequently and periodically, it can reduce the equipment investment significantly. It is very important for the small enterprise. Hence, VPN also allows companies to continue to use the old system, so as to achieve the aim of protection of software and hardware investment.
• Save support cost. The support of the enterprise cost can be minimized by reducing the number of Modem pool. As we know the NSP assist desk system can be managed from the headquarters of the center, so VPN can reduce the cost of the installation and configuration of the remote network. The reduce of the cost including: The remote user can apply for the account and login to the Internet with the local ISP, Internet as a tunnel, and then connect to the remote internal private network. Since then, the remote users will not need to do the long-distance dialing, and the corporate headquarters also can only pay for ISP local Internet. This way can reduce the cost of long distance communication. According to the professional survey, the VPN can save communication costs about 50% – 80%. And a VPN allows a single WAN interface service for multipurpose use, so the client only needs little WAN interfaces and equipment.
2. Security and confidentiality.
VPN mainly adopts 4 technologies to ensure the safety of the data communication: Tunneling, Encryption & Decryption, Key Management and Authentication.
About the Authentication technology, VPN is the use of the PPP method for user authentication. These validation methods include: PAP, CHAP, SPAP, MS-CHAP and EAP.
About the Encryption & Decryption and Key Management technology, VPN is use the MPPE and IPSec methods to encrypt data; and adopt the method of public and private key for Key Management. MPPE can make terminal for secure communication from anywhere around the world, and MPPE Encryption also can ensure the security of data transmission. The above technologies are enforced to remote VPN server. VPN connection can realize double data encryption, and make the network data transmission more secure. You can also use the VPN connect to the server to physical separation of highly sensitive data server physically separated. Only appropriate permissions users can access protected resources through the remote network by VPN server.
3. Network Protocol Support.
VPN support the most commonly used network protocols, it can easy to use the VPN by IP, IPX and NetBEUI in the network client agreement. It
means you can remote to run the application what is depends on the specific network protocol through the VPN connection. New VPN technology application is more comprehensive. It can fully support all the LAN protocols such as AppleTalk, DECNet, SNA, and so on.
4. Easy to extend.
Companies can easily expand VPN capacity and coverage, because all of the works can be responsible for by professional of NSP which can guarantee the quality of engineering, so more can save a lot of trouble. Enterprise just needs to sign a contract with the NSP. Beyond that, VPN router can also automatically configured for the workstation.
5. Connect networks with the partner optionally.
6. Control the initiative completely.
Enterprises can take advantage of ISP’s facilities and services and control their networks completely via VPN. For example, companies can access to the ISP to do the dial-up, and they can be responsible for the user access, network, security, network address change management, and other important work.
7. The security of IP address.
The address specified on the remote private network is protected, because VPN is encrypted. Internet users just can see the public IP address, but cannot see the packets contain proprietary network address.
How to choose a VPN and which is suitable for you?
Every user is going to have slightly different VPN needs, and the best way to pick the ideal VPN service is to take careful stock of what your needs are before you go shopping. Do a little research and you should be able to find an VPN company that has everything you need. Here are some reasons why you might need a VPN and how these reviews use criteria that make sure you find the exact one that you’re looking for.
1. Price. Most VPN companies charge a fee per month. The cost for a VPN service should match up with the number and quality of service it provides. It’s always tempting to choose the least expensive, but the cheapest isn’t necessarily the best.
2. Speed. In most cases all your Internet traffic will be sent via the company’s own servers before being forwarded to their destination once you connect to a VPN. Services that make your Internet slow to a crawl when you connect to them are also often not worth your time.
3. Security. The VPN provider will go to make sure that your information isn’t available to third parties who come snooping for it. And please note that when choosing a VPN check what security they provide, and more importantly what type of protocols they offer (such as PPTP or OpenVPN).
4. Support. You’re better off with a company with 24-7 support, and one that has a decent support website with user forums and the like. That’s usually one of the best places to check when you run into technical difficulties.
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. First you need to know what are the benefits of a Good VPN then choose the one suit for you. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data. However, using a personal VPN is increasingly becoming more popular as more interactions that were previously face-to-face transition to the Internet. Privacy is increased with a VPN because the user’s initial IP address is replaced with one from the VPN provider. This method allows subscribers to attain an IP address from any gateway city the VPN service provides.
P.S. If you are confused and don’t know which VPN you should choose or have any other questions about VPN, you’re recommended to contact Yoosecurity online expert by clicking Live Chat button bellow.
Published by James B. Gonzalez & last updated on January 6, 2017 3:34 am