General Descriptions of Uslc.search-help.net Hijacker Virus
Uslc.search-help.net Virus, also known as Paetec Search, is classified as a malicious site that pretends to be a legitimate search page like Google or Yahoo when it’s actually not. It’s one kind of search engine redirect infection which can hide in your system as a normal add-on or plugin. The virus sneaks into the machine without any permission and awareness from the user, then it will attack your web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and so on. The actions may start from revising the default homepage setting as its fake search engine so that every time you open your browser you find yourself on the site of Uslc.search-help.net then it will redirect you to other ad pages or even scam pages when you try to do some search on the site. Besides, the tricky virus is capable of distributing other threats such as Trojan virus and malware onto the contaminated computer. By the help of those smart virus, cyber hackers are able to get in your computer remotely and gather all the valuable resource they are interested in. Thus, it’s urgent for you to study how to remove Uslc.search-help.net Virus from your computer completely.
A Screen Shot of Uslc.search-help.net Redirect Virus
Usual Symptoms of Uslc.search-help.net Hijacker Virus Infection
1) You’re frequently being redirected to the page of Uslc.search-help.net Redirect Virus or anything related to it when surfing Internet.
2) The malware keeps redirecting your search results to those scam pages against your will and it also alerts that you are browsing unsafe contents so you need to install the security program from its site which is totally a fake program.
3) The original homepage of your browser has been convertly changed to suspicious sites without your permission.
4) There are continuous pop-ups of spam ad pages or other scam web sites coming up from your browser, some of them can’t even be closed.
5) The redirect virus tends to disable all the antivirus and anti-spyware programs installed on your computer and stop them from running and scanning as well.
6) The browser hijacker can corrupt system files and modify the critical keys inside registry which can make your computer completely vulnerable and very easy to be attacked by remote hackers.
If there’s any difficulty for you to remove Uslc.search-help.net Virus from your computer, please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free, or you can follow our step-by-step virus removal instruction below to clean the virus yourself. (For advanced computer users)
Best Way to Remove Uslc.search-help.net Redirect Virus Step by Step:
Firstly, please go to the folder option to show hidden files, here’s the guide:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
2) Click on Appearance and Personalization item
3) Click on Folder Options item
4) Click on View tab in the Folder Options window
5) Check the box of Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
Next, please follow these steps to get rid of Uslc.searchhelp.net Virus manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in task-mgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe related to Uslc.search-help.net Virus. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step3: Remove malicious files of Uslc.search-help.net Redirect Virus.
Step4: Delete malicious registry entries of Uslc.search-help.net Virus.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0x1)
Video Show You on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
In conclusion, Uslc.search-help.net Redirect Virus is just a nasty fake search site that leading you to scams and traps for illegal benefits. Though the page seems quite like a legitimate search engine, please do not use it to search anything, otherwise it will introduce more threats into your computer, which will be totally vulnerable from the attack of cyber criminals. In addition, Uslc.search-help.net Hijacker Virus can corrupt the victim’s computer so bad that it inserts its components and registry entries into the system. Antivirus can’t find it easily, and can’t delete it completely even after the virus are found, which explains why the nasty virus still shows up after a full scanning. In order to protect your computer and get the annoying page out of your life, manual removal is a necessary solution to get rid of Uslc.search-help.net Virus.
Kindly reminder: Manual removal needs expert skills, if you failed to remove Uslc.search-help.net Redirect Virus by yourself,please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free.
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on June 4, 2013 7:35 am