General Description of Trojan:JS/RevetonA
Trojan:JS/Reveton.A is recently found on Internet as the latest version of the Trojan:JS virus series that are extremely dangerous to personal computer. When you did a normal reboot, however, you received messages to the effect that threats had been detected and that no action was required on your part. Checking history in MSE reveals that the threat stems from Trojan:JS/Reveton.A. There’re lots of methods for the destructive virus to land on your computer and most of them take advantage of the imprudence when user surfs the Internet. There are all kinds of malicious codes hidden under the images and videos from pornographic pages, same traps can be found in the attachment of spam emails, so you should be more cautious with clicks on unknown pages because they may easily lead to the dangerous infection to your computer. Once get in, the trojan virus can disable system security tool and attack other computers in the same network environment. Besides, the virus keeps trying to attack other application so it will take up a large amount of system resource and the result is that your computer runs slower and slower until totally crash down. What’s worse, the virus always looks for the chance connecting to the remote server which is considered as a virus base so that it can bring more threats onto your computer. So what am I supposed to do after the trojan virus infection? Is there any easy way on how to remove it? In this case, manual removal is the best answer on how to get rid of Trojan:JS/Reveton.A completely.
Common Signs of Trojan:JS/RevetonA Infection
1) The virus propagates very fast and thus leads to great consumption of system resource and network bandwidth thus severely reduces the performance of your computer.
2) Trojan:JS/Reveton.A pretends as system files and automatically downloads other threats from remote servers when the Internet connection is available.
3) The trojan virus attack and damage your system files and programs, you will find your computer is running weirdly and some programs are not able to run any more.
4) Windows firewall is disable and it would not be activated even you try to turn it on.
5) The Trojan virus can block the functions of your antivirus program, you can’t run them as well as updating them via Internet.
6) Create backdoor for intended hackers who will be able to control your computer and steal your important information such as private data and banking details.
7) The nasty Trojan forces your computer restart or shutdown frequently and unreasonably. Sometimes you even found your PC is totally crash down.
8) Fails to view hidden files; fails to make files viewable or hidden, since Trojan:JS/RevetonA sets all your folders on your partitions to be hidden.
9) Other threats were found bundled with the trojan virus.
If there’s any difficulty for you to remove Trojan:JS/Reveton.A from your computer, please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free, or you can follow our step-by-step virus removal instruction below to clean the virus yourself. (For advanced computer users)
Best Way to Remove Trojan:JS/RevetonA Step by Step:
Firstly, please go to the folder option to show hidden files, here’s the guide:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
2) Click on Appearance and Personalization item
3) Click on Folder Options item
4) Click on View tab in the Folder Options window
5) Check the box of Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
Next, please follow these steps to get rid of Trojan:JS/Reveton.A manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in task-mgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe related to Trojan:JS/Reveton.A. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step3: Remove malicious files of Trojan:JSReveton.A.
Step4: Delete malicious registry entries of Trojan:JSReveton.A.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0x1)
Video Show You on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
In conclusion, the Trojan virus can corrupt the system files by using Internet protocol as a path to install executable files into your computer. It spreads so fast by the help of the Internet so there’re victims all over the world suffering the pain it created. Coming as an unexpected visitor, the virus aims at damaging your computer as much as possible. The Trojan virus can block the functioning of your antivirus and security tools so that your computer runs under the situation of total vulnerability. Except the regular damages that other viruses can also cause, this nasty trojan may attempt to contact a remote server created by cyber criminals to provide information of status to receive commands. It’s so smart that just like a tiny robot hidden in your computer who is controlled by hackers to monitor your every action and collect all the valuable information from your end. Thus, in order to save your computer from being damaged and protect your personal privacy from exposure, you need to learn how to delete Trojan:JS/Reveton.A immediately.
Kindly reminder: Manual removal needs expert skills, if you failed to remove Trojan:JS/Reveton.A by yourself,please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free.
Published by Michael Myn & last updated on January 28, 2013 5:43 am