Learn More About The Search.fastaddressbar.com Redirect Virus
The Search.fastaddressbar.com redirect virus is a browser hijacking virus that will attack Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explore Safari, and virtually every other common browser. This is a difficult virus, as it often pops right back up after uninstalling it. The virus modifies the system settings and the registration keys, completely overtaking the browser. Since Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome are the top three browsers worldwide the Search.fastaddressbar.com virus targets these mainly.
This is a very easy virus to catch if not using virus detection software. While a system that is regularly updating its antivirus software will typically detect this virus, someone that forgets to update the software can be left extremely vulnerable to the Search.fastaddressbar.com virus. It is usually contracted by clicking on infected pictures and video links, or by opening email attachments from unknown senders. A large number of people get this virus from visiting porn sites and clicking on a picture that has been embedded with the Search.fastaddressbar.com virus. The hackers know that a huge amount of people visit these types of sites and carelessly click on picture after picture so it is very easy for them to attack a large number of computers in a short period of time.
Note: Have tried many guide by failed to get rid of Search.fastaddressbar.com redirect? Cannot uninstall it from Control Panel? Contact YooSecurity Online PC Expert now for removal assistance if you are not familiar with any virus removing process.
Screenshot of Search.fastaddressbar Redirect Virus
Common Signs That The Virus Is Active
- When attempting to perform a search, the page will be redirected to Search.fastaddressbar.com, which is a fake search engine page that will freeze and then lock while nonstop popup advertisements flood the page.
- Main computer files will be changed and relocated, often times having the names of the file changed as well. The system is destroyed, giving the hackers access to the site from their remote location.
- If antivirus and antispyware programs stop working there is a good chance that the Search.fastaddressbar.com virus had made its way onto the computer, as it is known to disable these programs.
- The default homepage in your browser will eventually change to a low quality search engine page that contains nothing more than a search bar and a generic graphic with the familiar Google colors.
- Anytime the user attempts to visit a new page it will redirect them back to the pages full of scam ads and pop ups. The hackers can make money form users that click on these ads, but the real goal is to keep the user busy while they access the computer and attempt to steal all of the information contained on the hard drive.
Guide on How to Remove The Redirect Thing Completely
As soon as the virus gets into the computer it attacks the system files and starts to corrupt the entire computer. The applications are also tampered with and they will seem to take forever when attempting to open them. The computer speed is noticeably slower and everything will be affected. It will take longer to restart and shut down the computer, and it will also take longer to open a file or run a program. The computer will also freeze up from a lack of available memory, and when this happens you must manually shit down and there is no guarantee that the computer will turn back on. It is important to attempt to remove Search.fastaddressbar.com virus as soon as it is suspected.
Step A: Open Windows Task Manager to end process related to the domain. To do that, press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time to pull up Window Task Manager.
Step B: Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. Go to Folder Options window, under View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK.
Step C: Delete all these associating files and registry entries of Search.fastaddressbar.com Redirect in Registry Editor as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableRegedit” = “”.exe.dll
Manual Video Guide On How to Remove The Browser Redirect Virus:
To make sure that the entire Search.fastaddressbar.com virus is removed we suggest that a manual approach is followed. This will help ensure that there aren’t any corrupt files left behind that could trigger the virus again in the future. Also, you need to keep in good habits when surfing on the internet to avoid hijacking by this redirect thing again. To protect your computer in time, you are recommended to get instant help from YooSecurity PC experts 24/7 online.
Special tips: Still having problem with Search.fastaddressbar.com redirect thing after the manual removal following all the above steps? Have no idea on how to get rid of this browser hijacker as it changes fast? Please contact YooSecurity Online Expert now to save your computer from all the troubles and future consequences.
Published by Matt Johnston & last updated on February 22, 2013 8:07 am