Do you know why you can’t access Hulu on Mac in China? Because the Chinese Government is building up their game in restricting certain foreign websites in their country, and this does include certain world news and controversies that they want to hide from their citizens. This may lead to frustration for the citizens who belong to the largest populated country in this world. They may demand news about the world from a different country’s point of view which is often available on the internet. China has the strictest internet security which is being guarded by a specific firewall developed solely for China called the Great Firewall of China, to protect China’s cyberspace. This firewall holds a censorship to the nation’s internet and has created restrictions for a lot of foreign websites. This firewall has prevented the access of foreign websites like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram and online new portals like New York Times, Bloomsbury News and more.
Accessing Hulu in China Using a VPN
Without getting too technical, VPN is a best way to fool Hulu or any other online service (Google search, Facebook, Netflix or others) into thinking that you’re in a different location. VPN can change your IP address to another country, it is a network technology that creates a secure network connection over a public network such as the Internet or a private network owned by a service provider. Large corporations, educational institutions, and government agencies use VPN technology to enable remote users to securely connect to a private network.
What essentially is a VPN?
The network of VPN lets its user browse a website or use an app through a private network, which is done by creating an almost untraceable proxy IP address not belonging to the country of the user or the device used. The IP can be from anywhere around the world, the person residing in China may find the IP to be from the UK, which in turn will let them access the desired website. VPN are not considered illegal in most countries and anyone can go ahead and start using a VPN service. The act of surfing through another IP is legal, and is something even the biggest companies in the world do all the time. VPNs help enable users working at home, on the road, or at a branch office to connect in a secure fashion to a remote corporate server using the Internet. From the users perspective, the VPN is a point-to-point connection between the user’s computer and a corporate server. The nature of the intermediate network, the Internet, is irrelevant to the user because it appears as if the data is being sent over a dedicated private link. When used for legal purposes, VPNs are not considered illegal in most countries and anyone can go ahead and start using a VPN service. The act of surfing through another IP is legal, and is something even the biggest companies in the world do all the time. If you however hide behind a VPN service to perform illegal activities, then you’re of course violating the law.
Things to know about the virtual private network
Choosing the best VPN could be the difficult job because there are huge collections of the VPN is there. If you download and install the best VPN software then you must choose the VPN server in other country. Actually VPN could hide your original IP address and provide the fake IP address to the internet service provider. In fact VPN is legal to use and most of the people are using this software because it offered the online security. It is establishing the secure connection between you and corporate server so no one is knows about your personal information. In case you are planning to visit China then it is always suitable to choose the best virtual private network. Actually numerous numbers of the techniques are there but VPN is the working and smartest technology.
There are certain things that you need to think about before installing VPN-
1. Price – Compare the VPN services and chooses the deal that is affordable and suitable to your needs.
2. Privacy – This is the most important issue while installing VPN service. It will secure your online presence. Installing it means your ISP can see what are you searching, but they can’t see the content of the page.
3. Speed – Paid service will assure you enough speed while free service means slow connection.
4. Security – Another important feature of VPN. It not only hides your IP address but also provides enough security from hackers.
5. Customer Support – As a beginner, it is quite difficult to know everything about VPN service. The customer service will assist you a lot to get through the initial difficulties.
Now, you know how to use Instagram in China. If there is so much strictness, there is so loop holes. Installing VPN is the way to let you stay connected with the outer world.
Guides to set up VPN on Macbook
There are a few things things you need to have before setting up a VPN connection:
• VPN is the short form of Virtual Private Network, VPN is an encrypted network which makes a private space for the user to use the internet with security and trust.
• VPNs do not leak information to third parties. For protection, they use tools like encryption, data encapsulation, and protocol tunneling.
• Most of the VPNs work by giving their user a secured IP address from their server and replacing it with the old one. Due to this exchange, the new IP address can be from anywhere around the world, and the Government cannot trace the person as they wouldn’t appear to be from that country.
• 2 types of VPN are Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN; the latter is the one famous for home/personal browsing.
• VPNs further have 3 families: IPSec family: Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) and Layer to Tunneling Protocol (L2TP); Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) family; SSL family: Secure Lock Socket (SLS) and Transport Layer Security (TSL) and OpenVPN.
1. Open System Preferences > Network.
2. Click the + sign.
3. Select VPN, then pick L2TP or PPTP.
4. Enter in your server address and account name, then click Authentication Settings.
5. Enter in your password and shared secret, then click Ok.
6. Click Connect.
If someone follows the entire information, then they can easily access Hulu sitting anywhere in China. But make sure that you are choosing the right VPN service provider and not fall into the hands of wrong providers. When installed and connected a VPN creates a separate and encrypted tunnel for your internet data traffic. Whatever you do online is transferred through this secure and encrypted tunnel away from the eyes of snoopers and hackers, however your Internet Service Provider (ISP) can see you are connected to a VPN but can not see what you are doing as your internet data traffic is hidden by VPN Encryption. Using a VPN is absolutely legal, unless you don’t use to for any criminal activities. There are misuses of every technology.
Warm prompt: If you don’t know which VPN service is the best for you or how to set up VPN on Mac, computer, laptop, android smartphone, tablet, or iPhone &ipad device, you’re recommended to live chat with Our Online Expert for instant help! We will take care everything for you!
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on December 28, 2017 6:57 am