The audio on my Internet Explorer and Chrome does not work. The audio on my computer, such as iTunes, system sounds, basically everything that has nothing to do with the browsers, work perfectly fine. No matter what I tried nothing helped. I want to fix this problem, but I don’t know how should I do? If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise I’ll have to take it into a computer shop to get fixed. Right now I need my computer as I am searching for a job. Thank you.
Why no sound with browser? How to fix?
There are always appearing all sorts of problems when computer use for a long time. Do you have same problems as above? Are you sad down when you can’t hear any sound on the web page, it means that you cannot see a movie, listen to the news, enjoy the interesting film and some important activity. The phenomenon of “No Sound with Browser “has appeared frequently on the computer, it has been associated with all browsers, including Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. It may also be associated with particular web sites like YouTube and Face book.
To better assist, please relay if the issue of no sound occurs while only browsing online or with all system sound. I suggest clicking the speaker button to unmute it or I suggest plugging in different speakers in to test. Sometimes, it can also be a problem of your sound card’s drivers so try updating them too.
Guides to fix No sound with browser:
Most audio and sound driver problems occur due to corrupt device driver files. You can fix such errors by uninstalling and reinstalling the concerned device driver.
Troubleshooting steps of Sound card:
1. Click the Windows icon in your taskbar, type device manager in the Start Search box, and then press Enter
2. Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers
3. Locate and double-click the Driver that is causing the error
4. Click the Driver tab > Click Uninstall
5. Insert the Driver disc, and then follow the screen instructions to install the driver
Troubleshooting steps of Internet Explorer:
Open Internet Explorer> Select Tools> Select Internet Options> Select Advanced> Check mark the option “Play sounds in webpage”.
Troubleshooting steps of Google Chrome:
1. To make sure it is a Chrome problem, ensure that sound works on other browsers.
2. Check sound mixer or audio settings – it is possible for your computer sound to be on but Chrome muted, and the only place this shows is the Sound Mixer.
3. Click on “Mixer”, if there is a muted icon next to Chrome click on it to unmute it.
You should look at the Volume Mixer when Chrome is playing sound. Ensure that your computer is fully patched by installing in Windows Update also the optional updates (that may sometimes include drivers). Ensure also that you have the latest audio driver, downloaded from the manufacturer (if possible).
Note: Still not working? Fix this issue need professional knowledge of computers. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system. If you don’t want to waste time playing trial and error with every possible solution for it, welcome to contact Yoocare online Expert. Our professionals will locate the problem and work quickly safe your computer.
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on September 28, 2016 1:17 pm