How to Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect?
General Description of Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijacker
Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect is a browser hijacker infection that can corrupt your browsers such as Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. The annoying hijacker overflows recently on Internet among vulnerable computers. If you use the Internet inappropriately, for example, visit pornographic photos and videos from adult sites, download unverified free software that may contain malicious codes, all of these actions may lead to the infection easily. Once infected, your browsers are getting redirected intermittently to Api.mybrowserbar.com, sometimes it also leads to 404 errors, connectivity issues, etc. In the same time, you will find your computer in general has been very slow lately. Every time you enter search term in Google or Yahoo, the search result page comes up as normal, but regardless of the links you select, the pages that loads turn out to be Api.mybrowserbar.com or any other advertising sites or spam sites related to it. The hijacker hence take control of your browser and gather personal information as much as possible. Thus, to save your computer and ensure the security of your privacy, it’s good for you to figure out how to delete Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect completely.
A Screen Shot of Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijakcer Infection
Common Signs of Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijacker Infection
1) You search results are frequently being redirected to the page of Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect or anything related to it when surfing Internet.
2) The redirect virus tends to disable all the antivirus and anti-spyware programs installed on your computer and stop them from running and scanning as well.
3) There are annoying pop-ups of spam ad pages or other scam web sitescoming up from your browser, some of them can’t even be closed.
4) The browser hijacker can corrupt system files and modify the critical keys inside registry which can make your computer completely vulnerable and very easy to be attacked by remote hackers.
5) The default homepage of your browser has been secretly changed to suspicious sites without your permission.
6) The rogue keeps redirecting your search results to those scam pages against your will and it also alerts that you are browsing unsafe contents so you need to install the security program from its site which is totally a fake program.
7) Unusual issues occur with problems connecting to Internet
If there’s any difficulty for you to remove Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect from your computer, please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free, or you can follow our step-by-step virus removal instruction below to clean the virus yourself. (For advanced computer users)
Best Way to Remove Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijacker Step by Step:
Firstly, please go to the folder option to show hidden files, here’s the guide:
1) Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel
2) Click on Appearance and Personalization item
3) Click on Folder Options item
4) Click on View tab in the Folder Options window
5) Check the box of Show hidden files, folders, and drives under the Hidden files and folders category
Next, please follow these steps to get rid of Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect manually:
Step 1: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in task-mgr and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager.
Step 2: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe related to Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijacker. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step3: Remove malicious files of Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijacker.
Step4: Delete malicious registry entries of Api.mybrowserbar.com Hijacker.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0x1)
Video Show You on How to Modify or Change Windows Registry:
In conclusion, Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect does no good to your computer but takes control of your browser and collect valuable data for illegal purpose. Besides, the tricky hijacker convertly communicates with remote cyber criminals to damage your computer further. Since the hijacker is so bad, we need to kick it off as soon as possible. Maybe you have realized this and tried performing a full scan with your Norton or AVG, or anything else that you thought it would catch the hijacker, but the result might be disappointing because they can’t even find out the hijacker, not to say delete it completely. Some time you suppose the problem is fixed but it still shows up after a simple restart. As the best one in all the possible solutions, manual removal is needed to get rid of the nasty browser hijacker completely and safely.
Kindly reminder: Manual removal needs expert skills, if you failed to remove Api.mybrowserbar.com Redirect by yourself,please contact YooSecurity professionals to keep your computer safe and virus free.
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on March 25, 2013 2:41 am
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.