How to Fix Dnsapi.dll Not Found Error on PC
I have recently started getting error messages that basically say dnsapi.dll is missing or corrupted please try reinstalling this program. I have looked up this problem and have found a lot of reports on this error most likely being caused by a glitch on windows defender, but the problem is I have cleared my quarantine and deleted it thinking it was the cause of the error. I have seen replies from Microsoft engineers but they have all been no help at all. What can I do to resolve this?
What is Dnsapi.dll? Why do I get this Error?
Dnsapi.dll is a Windows DLL file. DLL is the abbreviation for Dynamic Link Library. DLL files are needed by programs or web browser extensions, because they contain program code, data, and resources. It is not essential for the Windows OS and causes relatively few problems. Dnsapi.dll is located in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. This type of DLL file is similar to EXE (“executable”) files, which allow multiple software programs to share the same functionality (eg. printing). DLL files exist outside of the software application itself. Although this provides many benefits for software developers, this separation also provides an opportunity for problems to occur. DLL file can be injected to all running processes and can change or manipulate their behavior. The program is not visible. Dnsapi.dll is a trustworthy file from Microsoft. The service has no detailed description. The file is not a Windows core file.
Quite simply, if Windows cannot properly load your dnsapi.dll file, you will encounter an error message.
There is several reasons lead to Dnsapi.dll Not Found Error:
1. Windows temporary swap files are destroyed.
2. The file allocation table (FAT) appear errors.
3. The list of the user name and password appear error.
4. Load the damaged or not correct version ker – nel32. DLL files.
5. The registry file is damaged.
6. There is something wrong with the computer hardware. Such as CPU overheating, over clocking use, the damage power supply, ground wave, radio frequency noise and the damage disk controller.
7. The wait state appear problem in the BIOS Settings, or RAM clock got error.
8. Damaged software, or no correct and complete to install.
9.Temporary folder does not exist or has been damaged.
10. The control panel file has been damaged(extension as CPL);
11. The hardware drivers has been damaged or Incorrect ;
12. Installation is not correct with the printer driver;
13. Java device error;
14.The computer system have been infected with virus.
15. Disk space is insufficient.
The above listed reason may let you feel confusion. Actually, the most common reason is the relevant files infected by the virus. Once the anti-virus software removes infected files, it will miss the related documents, and lead to Dnsapi.dll Not Found Error.
Manual Guide to fix Dnsapi.dll Not Found Error on PC
Step 1: Press “Windows+ R” key at the same time and enter “CMD” to run it.
Step 2: Make sure that your window system is belong 32-bit or 64-bit. If it is 32-bit, please enter “for %1 in (%windir%\system32\*.dll) do regsvr32.exe /s %1” command, and press “Enter” key.
Step 3: You will see the following window, and then began to register system DLL file completely.
Warm prompt: Fix this error need professional knowledge of computers. If you don’t want to waste time playing trial and error with every possible solution for this Error messages, welcome to contact our PC Security Team. Our professionals will locate the problem and work quickly to eradicate the Windows error for good. You may not realize exactly how the virus operates and aims to destroy your system one file at a time.
Published by Tony Shepherd & last updated on November 12, 2016 5:22 am
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.